2011年3月7日 星期一

Developing Ideas- Colgate = Go Hang Yourself (in Spanish)

Developing sketches in the sketchbook=]~

Fact: The famous toothpaste, Colgate, in Spanish meaning is "Go hang yourself".


An actual box of the Colgate product, but change the wording from "Colgate" to "Go Hang Yourself".


    A Typography Poster.


Top half: Idea of a Photography Poster to present the fact.
Bottom Half: Artist I got inspired by.


    Generated quite a few ideas and I think the last one, photograph and mixed with some of the typography is the best way. So the final outcome may be a poster. A photograph will be taken in a supermarket or places like Boots, a place which displace loads of Colgate's products.

    First option, I will take a photographs with the rope in my hand, in the actually place. Or i might just take a photography 1st,, without anyone and add myself into it by Photoshop. If this is the case, I will take a few photographs with "green screen" behind it which will make my life a lot easier.

    So I have study the photographer, Peter Funch's work and try to keep the setting up of the background of the photographs in mind. Also try to be more creative with it as well.

    For the Typography of the title, I'm think using the sentence, "Colgate says... Go Hang Yourself". This is not set in stone yet but this sentence is quite likely what I'm going 2 use. Will probably try to come up with a few design before I choose the final one for this "poster project". 

沒有留言:

張貼留言