2010年12月9日 星期四

List

Here we are, the title of the 2nd Project after the rotation in VisCom is "List". 1st of all, we have been given a list of topics that we can choose from. Each have 10 things we need to think of. E.g. 10 places to hide, 10 things that we have lost...etc It didn't sound difficult at all at the start.... but it get worst when we got told there are rules in this project... We only allow to present the final work in a single image or a short film (a continuos video).
1st of all, we brian storm ideas by constantly making little drawings to generate ideas. I find this different method of brian storming quite efficient! So I probably will use this method at the start of every other projects from now on.

Here are some of the sketching in my sketchbook and some photographs I have taken, check it out~.~










I was influence by Peter Funch's photography. Especially the "Babel Tales". So i decided to use photography for the final outcome. Here are the photographs I took for "10 things I have lost":








After I took a few of them, i decided to choose the one above (that's been photoshopped).
Now is just left with how to make it more visualise to the audience. So I added texts into it to show "How"I lost it and the date that I lost it.



I really regret that I haven't take more photographs of me in different positions.... I may take some more in the future but because it takes quite long to set up... So I'll try to do some more in my spare time;)

1 則留言:

  1. I find the project very interesting n I appreciate very much the way u demonstrate the things you have lost. Yes, I also like Peter Funch's photographic style n I think it will be better if u could take your photo in a busy street where u have lost the things when u walk around to while away the time, or even run through the crowd in an 'invisible' way.

    Those things u lost are mostly focusing on the daily life n seem to me the physical items that u prepare before resuming office. I like the 'money' that u lost not because of accidentally dropping them on the ground but spending them at all times.

    I would suggest that u can brainstorm and select some other things that relate to your physical body n mind.

    e.g.

    u lost your hair (one of the men's big concerns) as you gradually grow old;
    u lost your tender skin when you have too much sunbathing over the years;
    u lost your heart of creative thinking when you continuously working long in the commercial world, or on the day when u put on your first tie to office (here the 'tie' is a symbolic meaning of the commercial world);
    u lost your memory of your naive childhood when you are busily occupied by the business world;
    u lost your strong eye sight on the day u find out that u are no longer 20/20;
    u lost your time when u find that time is a part of measuring system to quantify the motions of objects n u can never catch up with time...

    I love reading your blog and I can feel what u think. Cheers.

    回覆刪除