2010年12月6日 星期一

30 Things To Do

After the assessment, the Tutor who assess me and I both agree that VisCom is the best area for me. So her I am in VisCom@@!!

During the reading week, we have been told to do 30 things for the Monday the week after, here are some of the photos I have took and photos of those 30 things, please have a look;)




























I haven't post all the photos because I have only showed you the best ones I got. Also, some of them have probably lost because they haven't stick on the wall hard enough, so they drop off and goes elsewhere....


After that, we have been told we have to develop 1 of the 30 things that we have done into a "portfolio piece". Therefore I chose the Fragmentation of the CD to carry on the development by adding in a little idea~.~ Have a look at the video here and see do u understand the concept/ message behind it. I'll tell you what it suppose to mean under the video;)

Before I talk about the Video, I also made a flick- book, which I find it, it is also a good presentational device for this project.



The idea/ message behind the video and the flick- book is actually about the loudness of the music that the musicians made. In another words, as the little pieces of CD fragment spreads out the furtherest, it represents the "Loudest Noise", So the name of the louder musicians will show up 1st. As the pieces gradually goes back to the middle and reform the circular shape of the CD, the Quieter musicians names will appear until it get the the quietest one, in this case is "Jack Johnson".

However, once again some people watch the video and look at the flick- book, they still misunderstood the message behind it as the least favorite musician to the most favorite musician.

For the solution if the misunderstanding, I think I should add sounds into the video so people may have a better chance to understand the message behind it. Or maybe I should take the idea of "least favorite to the most favorite one" and redo the whole thing.

After all, I think this project has made me "grown up" a bit as I have never try to make a video in my life yet (not counting the ones who videoing someone asleep, messing about...etc ). So i find this project is a very good experience and I wanted to make more video in order to improve my strength to become a better graphic designer. 

1 則留言:

  1. Talking about 'The 30 things to do' -- i like the blur image of your name 'FRED' as projected onto the washing basin which conveys kind of messages -- u are floating on water within a limited space; or u are bound by the container n cannot get rid of it? Or u re enjoying the sound of silence when u dive? Lots of images n messages have come to my mind n i find them very inspiring n interesting. I begin to think of myself...

    The 'Fragmentation of the CD' again attracts my attention. I m not able to fully understand your concept behind when i first watch the video. However when i read through your descriptions, i find myself indulged in some stimulating ideas.

    "The least favorite to the most favorite one" -- sounds like 'less is more' n to me, can be described as kind of psychological game that plays around with the interaction between the mind and the heart. Very interesting indeed!

    I agree very much with your personal comments and evaluations on your works and i would like to add that if the resolution of the video were of higher quality n the duration of showing the names of those musicians were to be lengthened, the result will sure be better. On the other hand, if the background of the CD were to be changed to flowing water (similar to your 'washing basin FRED' idea) the message of your design can be even more exciting. To me, the adoption of John Cage's music can also be considered.

    Yes, this project provides a ground for u to develop your concept generation n i m sure u are actually 'growing up' during the undertaking of the project. Great!

    回覆刪除